This staffing is for a Preschool Director and Teachers. The positions require 8 hours per week on Monday and Wednesday from 8:30 A.M. to 12:30 P.M
Staff Employment Policies:
1. Working hours for preschool employees are to be set by the church Preschool Director.
2. No staff member should report to work when ill. Please contact the Director as soon as
you know you will be absent so a substitute can be called.
3. Do not leave your group unattended. If you are called away, make sure the Director has
designated another person to supervise your group until you return.
4. Telephone calls and personal visitations should be made only in emergencies and should
always be brief as possible.
5. If a child in your group is ill, or injured, bring the child to the office immediately and his/her
parent will be notified.
6. Workers must be Christian with a love and concern for children.
7. Grievances should be taken directly to the Director and not discussed among the workers.
8. When daily attendance does not justify keeping all scheduled workers, the worker with the
least seniority will be the one to leave for the day.
1. Plan and make arrangements for children’s learning experiences.
2. Prepare materials for the next class. Discuss plans, children and scheduling with the
3. Let the Director know when you leave the room and where you are taking the children.
4. All workers are involved in the whole appearance of the school. They must keep materials
picked up and in order in the halls, bathrooms, kitchen, nursery, counters, etc. and
encourage the children to do the same.
5. Workers will wash their hands after each diaper change and before handling food.
6. The worker is here to meet the children’s needs: Keep shoes tied, hands and faces clean,
noses wiped, etc. Supervise children when they go to the restrooms helping those who
need help, and helping them keep the restrooms clean. Supervise as they wash their
hands after using the restroom and before going to eat.
7. Keep all toys in place when not in use.
8. Children will be clean and taken to the restroom before the parent arrives.
9. The last worker to leave the room should turn off the lights and leave the room in order.
10. Notify the Director immediately when an accident occurs. Fill out an accident report on
every child who is hurt.
11. Full fees will be charged for all children attending MDO. The only exception to this rule is
the children of teachers.
12. Classrooms should be appropriately furnished and supplied according to the children’s
age and needs.